Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Great Minnesota Get-Together

What a beautiful day. Not just a beautiful day because the weather couldn't have been more perfect, but any event that promotes all you can eat eating is a beautiful thing in my book. Jeff and I attended the MN State Fair with 165,192 of our closest friends on Friday (Friday, August 29th). I woke up feeling like we were getting ready to go on vacation because I was so excited. If you haven't guessed by now, food really excites me. This year I was trying to do an extra special job of getting my fill, for the baby. Hey, who says cheese curds don't have any nutritional value? Cheese = calcium. Enough said. We arrived into the fairgrounds at about 11:30 that morning and the eating fest began immediately, as the case should be.

Even though it was packed, dealing with the crowds was a pretty manageable task



The Giant Slide, although seemingly less giant as the years pass, still an old staple on these grounds



Don't call it a corn dog: I started my day with a Pronto Pup, a Fair favorite






Jeffy likey food too



Milkshakes and tacos and cookies, oh my!




3 comments:

Swarty Family said...

Did you go down the slide or just observe?

Khristin said...

We didn't make it to the Fair this year. We were really sad about it too! The food looks awesome. Isn't that the best part??

Bundlewarmer said...

We just observed the slide this year, and yes, the food is indeed the best part!