Thursday, February 19, 2009

The little things

My hands have stopped working, I swear. Practically everything that comes into contact with them falls to the floor. Was I always this clumsy and I’m just noticing it more now that bending over to pick things up seems like the biggest chore? It’s like my hands and fingers have no strength anymore; I’m like an animal without opposable thumbs. Every time I drop something, I get exceedingly more annoyed because it’s a pain in the butt, uncomfortable as all heck to bend over and retrieve whatever has fallen with this big ol’ tummy I’ve acquired! You’d think after so many times of it happening lately, I’d just be able to grin and bear it, but nope. I must audibly display my frustration, and I do it every single time something takes a tumble. "Ugh!" "Shoot (or worse)!" "Come Awwwwn!" "Darn it! (or worse)" "Errrr." "Freakin’ A!" "Seriously..."

So this morning when I dropped a small brush for my eye makeup, my frustration kicked in immediately.


I’m so sick of this! Why does this keep happening?! And then I looked down and there was no brush on the floor beneath me. In an incredible act of fortune, there the brush rested...on my oiled up belly .

Ahhh, the little things.

No comments: