Monday, February 9, 2009

Doctor appointment: 36 weeks part two

Good news today at my appointment. We got an ultrasound before seeing the doctor to check the baby's size in greater depth (and no gender surprises were ruined!). We were able to see that body all scrunched up inside of me and it didn't look so comfortable---which is good because we do want that baby to come out of there eventually! We were even able to see blood flowing through the umbilical cord and get a glimpse of our baby's little face, which was very cool. Measurements were taken and based on those, it was estimated that our baby isn't measuring too big like they were thinking could be the case last week. Yay! The tape measure came out again and I'm measuring normally there too now, so it could have just been the baby's positioning last week causing them to think he or she was tracking large. That sure doesn't explain my mammoth belly, but I'm feeling great about the feedback. My swelling looks so much better than it did at my last appointment on Thursday (Thursday, February 5th) and I lost one pound. My culture for Group-B Strep (GBS) came back negative, so that was good news too. Based on this appointment, I don't have to go in again this week and can wait until my next one on Tuesday (Tuesday, February 17th) at 37 weeks with my regular doctor.

1 comment:

Khristin said...

Great news. Maybe I won't be the only one in this family with a supersized belly and an almost 10 baby. Looking good!