Saturday, April 3, 2010

Study time for the soon to be big sis



Mirabella is fine tuning her big sister skills, and thanks to this book from the Levys that she received soon after I found out I was pregnant, she is sure to be in good shape come Monday.

At just 13 months old as of Thursday (Thursday, April 1st), Mirabella is getting so big, yet she is still just a baby in our eyes. She is bound to look like a giant next to our newborn though. We are getting so excited to see how she interacts with her sibling. She has been such a lover to him or her in my belly, lifting up my shirt to get to the baby/belly and kissing it without any prompting at all now. We joke that Mirabella won't even recognize her mama without this basketball attached to her!




The last pages in the book read, "Our baby is so lucky Mirabella," her mommy says with pride, "To have a big sister like you"...as she begins to cry. She's crying because she's happy, not because she's sad. Sometimes mommies cry when they are feeling extra glad. I want you to remember Mirabella, one thing that's always true...that nobody can ever, ever take the place of you.

I'm sobbing even as I type it out. Just sobbing. I can't get through reading it without doing so! I'm so unbelievably happy to be welcoming our new child in just two days, but I can't help but to wonder what all this addition will mean to Mirabella. My heightened emotions are getting the better of me, but deep down I know that once we all get settled, Mirabella will be just fine and what we hope will be even better is that she will love having a playmate all to herself so close to her age. The words of the book ring true, nobody will ever take the place of you, dear Mirabella. And to our new baby cakes, of course nobody will ever take place of you either! We know there will be plenty of love to go around, and we just cannot wait to have two kiddos to share it all with.

No comments: