Thursday, March 4, 2010

Doctor appointment: 34 weeks

All went well at my appointment today, which was fairly routine. I met with Jaimie, a nurse practitioner, and will meet with my doctor in two weeks, and every week thereafter. We discussed warning signs for labor, birth control post baby (which she brought up with a pretty big grin!), she checked my measurements (still measuring right where I'm supposed to be) and we listened to the baby's heart beat. How this happened, I don't know, but I only gained one pound since my last appointment. Very interesting with my almost compulsive ingestion of cookies and ice cream growing worse this past month or so. How great if I didn't have the swelling problem in my ankles and feet like I did at the end of my pregnancy with Mirabella (causing an eight pound weight gain, if I remember correctly, between two of my appointments), but there is still plenty of time for that I suppose! Ugh.

It is very surreal that we just wrapped up celebrating Mirabella's first birthday and pretty soon we'll be welcoming our new baby! It seems so close now. In some ways I feel so ready and in others, it feels like it can't possibly be that time yet. Regardless, we are so extremely excited to welcome our newest family member!

No comments: