Wednesday, October 15, 2008

From twinges and tingles to...

"That's awesome," he says with a smile as his hand touches my stomach while his baby moves. The baby has been more active lately, and last night (Tuesday, October 14th), Jeff could feel that too! He was out of town for a few days last week, and when he got home I let him know that in addition to feeling the baby internally, I was pretty sure I could also feel movement from the outside of my belly now. That night (Saturday, October 11th), he was trying to feel too and there were a few times he felt something, but neither of us was totally convinced it was the baby (maybe my stomach flexed, maybe dinner was digesting, maybe it was our imaginations entirely). Now after feeling the same things again, we're fairly certain that's what it was then also. It was even more intense last night and there was no mistaking it, almost like little punches and kicks. Jeff can feel the baby now! What a lovely experience to share.

3 comments:

Swarty Family said...

AWESOME! There is nothing better than feeling the little peanut in your tummy! Dad's really do love it too... So do people with the name, Leah! Can I touch and feel, please?

Melissa said...

That is the best feeling in the world and one only a mother could generate. It makes me want another. in a year. or so.

BKOlson said...

That is sooo great! It truly is the best feeling in the world and it only gets better as the baby gets bigger! It is a fun experience to share with the daddy-to-be. I always feel so lucky that I am the one who gets to feel it all the time though!!