Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Slumber party of eight

My mom was out of town for my birthday (Sunday, July 20th), so we celebrated on Saturday (Saturday, July 26th). We had a slumber party at my parents' house and stayed up playing cards until two in the morning (a rarity for me these days!). It was so much fun and it was exactly the celebration I was hoping for. Thanks everyone!

Noelan, our nephew, is starting to understand better that there is a baby growing in my tummy. He was adorable about it that night and as I was eating said, "Auntie, when the baby needs to eat does he open his mouth when you eat so the food can come in?" We found his question to be such a smart one but subsequently explained what we could on the process based on a four year old's comprehension level. He was also trying to talk to the baby through my open mouth. Even though I had to plug my nose from the smell of his garlic breath (as if I didn't have it myself, but I wasn't sending messages through another's throat either), it was all so precious. I am so happy our baby will have a wonderful cousin like Noelan.

This pregnancy has really been tiresome for Jeff, sucking the energy right out of him at times. I'm trying to be really understanding, so I chose not to draw on his face that night.

1 comment:

Bundlebreeder said...

That's what happens when you work hard to make a baby. Dad and beer need a nap.