Thursday, July 24, 2008

Excuse me…I’m in the middle of making somebody

It makes sense to me now. The absentmindedness, the forgetfulness…I get it. It is so difficult to concentrate when all I want to do is shout from rooftops that I am pregnant! The waiting period of keeping this secret is so tough and it becomes increasingly tougher as the days pass. Knowing that I’m making eyes, a heart, an entire body consumes me---how could it not? I mean, how can I be expected to INSERT ACTIVITY HERE under these conditions?!

So when I have wondered why it was that my mind was wandering or not quite all there, it’s because I have been, am currently and will be thoroughly distracted. That, and because I need a nap and/or I need to pee. Wait, was that a little cramp in my uterus? I think I need to eat something. Something real proteiny. Maybe some chicken, some bawk, bawk chicken. How much calcium is in that cheese anyway? I need to take my vitamins now. I’d love to shut my eyes for a few minutes. Was that a touch of nausea? It’s gone already. I’m feeling too well; is everything OK down there?

Hey little bean, are those ears coming in yet? Can you hear me? Are you OK? I am consumed by you and I need to know for my own sanity: ARE YOU OK??? My gosh, waiting three more weeks to hear your tiny heart beat seems like an eternity. I love you already. Are your ears on? Did you hear me? I said, “I love you already!”

Nobody speak. I'm making somebody.

No comments: