Sunday, March 17, 2013

Home stretch!

 
Now that I have hit 28 weeks (as of Thursday, March 14th), the third trimester has begun and I am in the final stages of pregnancy! The date of our baby's delivery via c-section has not been determined, but it will be at the end of May, at about 39 weeks of pregnancy. That means I have roughly 11 weeks to go. That still seems like ages away most times, yet at others, it feels right around the corner.
 
Today I am working extra hard to limit my sugar intake (at least to that of a normal non-sweet-craving-every second-of-the-day normal person) in preparation for my glucose screening early tomorrow morning. On the menu this morning was four whole hard-boiled egg whites, a grapefruit half and decaf coffee with a splash of half and half substituting my favorite Italian Sweet Cream. I would be so relieved to pass my test on the first try as I did when I was pregnant with Mirabella. Please wish me luck!
 
And speaking of luck... Happy St. Patrick's Day!
 
Yesterday did not play a role in my sugar reduction when Jeff, Mirabella, Viviana and I - all of which are 50 % Irish - indulged in the season's most notable delicacy: McDonald's Shamrock Shake! Hey, I held the whipped cream on all of them, so that should count for some self-control points, right?
 

 

No comments: