Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Baby's travels


My third baby was a polished traveler for two back to back trips to Los Angeles, CA and then to Port St. Lucie, FL! My plane on the way to LA was grounded for four hours with all of us passengers left to stay in it before an additional three hours in the air. My tailbone was burning, my legs and arms were tingling and my stomach was begging for food, but the companion inside of me was a perfect angel. He or she swirled around contently while we tried to cope watching the movie Argo. I enjoyed a fancy schmancy NA beer that night on our hotel's rooftop with my friends and later stuffed my face full of Mexican food and all was mostly forgotten (though certainly not forgiven!).

It was a whirlwind trip to LA for the weekend (Friday, February 22nd-Sunday, February 24th) to celebrate my friend Christina's upcoming nuptials. A smaller group of us friends from Minnesota were able to spend time together Friday and Saturday before joining a larger group of the California locals for the bridal shower and bachelorette party Saturday night. Sunday morning came too soon and I was back to the airport in a jiffy.







There was a day in between and then our family of soon-to-be-five was off to Florida to visit Jeff's grandparents (Tuesday, Februrary 26th-Saturday, March 2nd). Spending the time with Nana and Papa is something we will hold near to our hearts forever. We can't wait for you to hang out with them too, baby cakes!  



I find it very interesting comparing this picture...


...to this picture. Above, I look like I'm ready to deliver this baby and below, it's tough to see I'm even pregnant! That is, until I stood up and you caught me from the side view. This front view is quite an optical illusion.  






Superman ice cream!

 
A very important note to add is that while we were in the middle of eating our ice cream on our first full day in Florida, I noticed there was a salon/spa next to the sweet shop. My husband took a walk inside and walked out telling me they were waiting for me to decide on the time for my pregnancy massage! How sweet! About an hour later I was back there immersed in relaxation bliss. Jeff has been so nice to give me this luxury with every pregnancy. Thank you, babe! It was wonderful. 


We were there over Mirabella's 4th birthday (March 1st) and I think I found myself uttering the phrase, "I can't believe you are four!" about a dozen times.  




Day two of a Superman ice cream fix for the girls.



My first ice cream cone was filled with chocolate brownie and my second was chocolate peanut butter (not on the same day, though I would not have been opposed to that!). I may or may not have acted like taking a trip to the ice cream shop was a special treat for the girls and not for yours truly.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did someone say Farah Fawcett in a red bathing suit???? Wow!