Sunday, January 13, 2013

Movement on 12.12.12

On Wednesday, December 12th, I felt the baby moving for the first time! It was like a fishy twirling around in its bowl of water right inside that tummy of mine. The flutters gave me butterflies. I wasn't exactly sure that's what it was at first and had to concentrate intensly to feel it, but it was our baby! It was early - just the day before I hit 15 weeks - but by now, I guess I know what I should expect to be feeling. I felt Mirabella at 17 weeks and Vivi the day before I hit 16 weeks; I must be getting good at this!

The hardest part about feeling the baby so soon is that I find myself longing for more every minute of the day. And in the beginning, it's tough to feel, so my nerves would kick in. I couldn't feel those tinges every day and that was making me uneasy. But within a couple of weeks, the feelings grew more frequent and intensified and each time, I breathed a sigh of relief. Now at 19 weeks, I can feel the baby every day, usually multiple times. But as I wait, the anxiety races through me as I yearn for the feeling. You'd think I would be less anxious after having been pregnant twice before, but it is not the case. My worries never seem to cease!

Within the last week or so, at times I can feel a little something from the outside of my belly too. And a week ago today (Sunday, January 6th), Jeff felt the baby too! I pushed his hand firmly into the right side of my stomach and then I saw his grin. "That's awesome!" he said as he continued to press, feeling slightly uncomfortable about applying more pressure. I was slamming his hand down excitedly, wiating for him to get a taste! A couple times I have tried to see if the girls could feel, but to no avail. I can hardly wait until this baby's sisters feel him or her inside of me.

My constant companion showing me he or she is there comforts me and calms my never-ending fears. Bring on the squirms, punches and kicks! I love you, dear baby of mine!

No comments: